Saturday, April 13, 2013

My Tattoos




 
I was 36 when I sat for my first tattoo. If I had known how much I would love them I would have started sooner. I knew I wanted a tattoo of my horse An Image of Grace for several years before taking the plunge. I took my time to get the perfect picture and line up the tattoo artist. What surprised me was the amount of body confidence that came from getting a tattoo. All the shirts I bought that summer were tank tops, I went out of my way to show off my new ink. I live in the Pacific Northwest so I only get about 3 months of bare arm weather every year. I've since learned to be cold!
 

 
With my horse on my left arm my right arm looked bare and dull so I started dreaming about the next tattoo. I wanted a Rosie the Riveter Cowgirl. A celebration of all the strong independent women I know. Women who stack their own hay, hook up their horse trailers, drive tractors, spilt firewood and still look hot on the dance floor on a Friday night. This time I didn't have a picture to go off of and had to but a ton of trust in my tattoo artist who knocked it out of the park!

 
 
The second tattoo has increased the body confidence to a new level. I love to show her off, in person the tattoo just pops with color. She also gives me another reason to keep my arms toned, I don't want her having bigger guns that I do! I suspect there will be more ink in my future, I work in a tattoo friendly office but still plan to keep them where I can cover them, no job killers planned.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment