Tuesday, February 12, 2013

OMG! Shoes!





Have you ever had a spiritual experience with a pair of shoes? I did about 3 weeks ago in a dressing room of a second hand store. They were a pair of Mary Jane heels and in 2 seconds they totally transformed me in front of the mirror. I swear it looked like I lost 20 pounds and my legs went on forever. I owe you pictures but I’ve only worn them once and I suck at taking pictures of myself. After picking up the Mary Janes for $24 I hit a clearance sale at JC Penney’s. I was there to replace my favorite pair of knee high boots, one of the zippers finally gave out and the cost of repair was more than a new pair of boots. Since it was the end of the season I was able to pick up a new pair of $120 boots for $24. On my way to the checkout I came across another pair of heels. They spoke to me and told me that I had to have them. But the heels, they were so tall and thin. I convinced myself years ago that I could not wear heels like that. I tried them on and once again looked 20 pounds lighter. My short little legs now had additional 5 inches on them. I was 5’5”!! I think I even saw the top of the shoe department lady’s head! Here they are:





I then got brave and started wearing my heels to work. It took some practice to master the stairs; it was worth it just to see the top of more than one co-workers head. I even wore the the Mary Jane heels to work one day – turns out they are 6 hour shoes, but they were noticed and commented on throughout the day.  Along with the longer leg length came a new body confidence and an appreciation for my core muscles. I don’t know if I can go back to wearing cowboy boots or anything under a 2 inch heel during the work week.



“They went into my closets looking for skeletons, but thank God, all they found were shoes, beautiful shoes.” Imelda Marcos

No comments:

Post a Comment